Hangouts Not Working
Method 1: update the Hangouts application to its latest version
1. Open Google Play Store.
2. Search for the Hangouts app and, once you find it, open it.
3. Touch Update and wait for the application to update to the latest version.
Method 2: uninstall Hangouts app updates
Although application administrators on almost all Android devices classify the Google Hangouts application as a "downloaded" application, it cannot be uninstalled. However, what users can do is strip the application of all its updates, causing it to return to its first version.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Open Application Manager.
3. Search and open Hangouts.
4. Touch Uninstall updates.
5. Confirm the action.
6. Open the Hangouts application. The application will take a long time to open completely the first time after uninstalling your updates, as it will have to be updated again to the latest version, so be patient.
Method 3: Clear the data and the Hangouts application cache
1. Navigate to Device Settings.
2. Open the Device Application Manager.
3. Find and tap Hangouts.
4. Press Force stop and confirm the action.
5. Scroll down a bit and tap Clear cache.
6. Touch Clear data and then confirm the action.
7. Exit the device settings and open the Hangouts application.