Gmail not working
Gmail not working on iPhone
Gmail is the most popular email service on the web. It is easy to use, like other email services, encounter issues. This article covers the most common problems iPhone owners are likely to have with the Gmail, and it explains how to resolve them. From being unable to send or receive mail to failing to connect to the Gmail server via your iPhone, it will have you using your account again in no time.
Often, these issues could arise if you attempt to use Gmail on your iPhone while away on vacation, or in a location you tend not to visit normally. Detecting that you’re somewhere you usually aren’t, Gmail can sometimes stop letting you access their server whenever you open the Mail app on your iPhone.
How to fix the Gmail access issue on the iPhone?
On occasions, there are troubles when the user is unable to access the Gmail app or user registers the problem as Gmail not working on iPhone. In this article, we will try getting the best troubleshooting steps to have quick access to the email account. But for advanced troubleshooting, it is better to contact the technical experts who will provide instant solutions.
You can deal with this by going to the Gmail website on your iPhone and enabling your device. Here are the steps you follow:
1. Open your iPhone’s internet browser
2. Go to gmail.com
3. Sign in to the account you’re having difficulties with
4. Next, copy and paste the following link into your browser’s address/URL bar: https://accounts.google.com/b/0/displayunlockcaptcha
5. Now, Continue
You will then see a page that says, “Account access enabled. Please try signing in to your Google account again from your new device or application.”
After this, you will be able to open the iPhone’s Mail app and begin receiving/sending it as normal.
iPhone or iPad user follow the steps to fix the Gmail not working issues
1. Visit the Gmail website and check the alerts. Now look for an email in the inbox like “Someone has your password” or” We blocked a sign-in attempt” Click on the link given as “Review your device”.
2. Review the recent devices on the website and thus visit the section “Device activity” & ”notifications” on the website. Users will able to view the recent devices and once the user tells Google that the user itself tried to login then access to Gmail on iPhone or iPad is given.
3. Do CAPTCHA reset which will unlock Google’s security features allowing devices to get connected to Gmail. This user needs to visit the Google CAPTCHA reset page and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. If Gmail not working on iPhone then check the IMAP settings. IMAP should be enabled to get the emails from the server. Check the Gmail server settings and it might be the case that email syncing is done correctly.
5. Finally, if nothing is working then remove the Gmail account from the device and set it up again.
Still not able to access the Gmail account on the iPhone? Dial Gmail toll-free number to contact the technical experts. Get the best troubleshooting steps remotely over the toll-free number +1–888–498–3721.