RoomSync Feature Ideas

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. get around to approving people's "About Me" and "About My Roommate" sections faster.

I have not looked at this for a while and i cannot believe that in that two weeks my written sections have not been approved or even looked at by you. How are people supposed to find a roommate if they can't see a description?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • LGBT roommates matching

I think having this option on the questionnaire will really help people who are part of the LGBT community find roommates who also find LGBT-identified roomates or people are open to having one. I feel that having this option will help Lgbt college students transition into college more smoothing without worrying about if there roommate is okay living with them as being part of the Lgbt Community

16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        completed  ·  0 comments  ·  RoomSync App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Make a search feature where you can incorporate specific lifestyle preferences

I am in the Honors College, so I can only really search for people in the Honors College. Other than that I'm flexible. Therefore, I think it would be cool if I could search for members that are only in the honors college and still keep suggested roommates otherwise

10 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin/Client Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Secondary Way Of Communication

Sometimes when you message someone the message does not go through because of invalid e-mail addresses, in this case it could become impossible to communicate with your potential roommate. Thus I would like to suggest adding a secondary option of how to get a hold of a potential roommate when e-mail doesn't pull through. Thanks.

8 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            completed  ·  0 comments  ·  RoomSync App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Ask in what program the student is in

Have a question, just like the Dorm preference, that asks in what program you are. For example: Freshmen Connection, Scholars Program, etc. Because I can only room with a person from my program, having to read the entire "about me" to even see if they are in my program is not that good.

6 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Fix the messaging bug and Email icon bug

The "or send them a message" button isn't working for many people. As well the email icon cannot be seen under a person's "mini profile." I don't know whether this is a bug or a programming issue, but it needs to be fixed because people cannot communicate to each other properly.

6 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Reassess modern derogatory/racist terms in Defensio

I know a lot of people that are offended by the word passion. There are a few people at my old high school who will beat you up for saying it simply because of those first five letters. The teachers also have to be extra careful not to use it as well because it could easily compromise their job. As a matter of fact, It's so offensive, that no one has yet to define it on the Urban Dictionary in fear that they may be hunted down, and Google does not yield any meaningful results, probably because they don't want…

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Forbidden words filter needs to be fixed

I tried to write "circumstance" in my About Me and said I couldn't because "cums" was in the middle of the word. The filter needs to be fixed.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base